Saturday, May 19, 2007

Summer Academic Aspirations

I've been thinking about what I want to do with the kids during the summer to keep them fresh academic wise. Of course I want them to enjoy their summer vacation, but I also want them to be a little prepared for when September (or August in our case) rolls around. Here are my tentative plans:

Kathryn (entering 4th grade) - Work in Summer Bridge Activities. This book covers reading, writing, math and language skills. Write 6 book reports. Write a journal entry everyday.

Ryan (entering Kindergarten) - Practice letter and number writing. Practice reading with beginning readers.

Emily (barely turning 3 this coming Thursday) - Letter and number recognition. Simple shapes and basic colors.

I hope I can accomplish this. I also need to think about an overall schedule so that this can happen. I haven't been good about this in the past but I really want to try. If I can overcome my desire to want to do what I want instead of what I should do, then it will happen.





No comments: