Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Stuff, Stuff, and More Stuff!!!

I am overwhelmed right now with STUFF! I have been trying to de-clutter every room in the house and I am overwhelmed with how much stuff my kids have. There are parts to pirate ships, parts to Mr Potato Head, Little People parts. Everywhere are parts! I separate things and put them in their proper containers and they somehow reappear all over the place. It is time for me to take drastic measures. I am going to pack everything. A few things will stay in their rooms, some will go into the garage to be rotated at certain intervals, and some will be given away. Broken items and items missing crucial parts will be tossed.
AAHH! There is freedom in decluttering!

I have pack rat tendencies but am really learning to let go. I need to set a good example for my kids. I want them to see that one doesn't need to hang on to every single paper, toy, or thing that comes into our hands. It's not possible to save everything! I want to have the freedom that comes with simplifying. I have a long way to go but I'm trying.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

hi there -
i dropped by from the catholic mothers blogroll...and this post struck a chord with me.

oh, the mountains of needless plastic clutter in my house. do we really need to keep every toy from every happy meal we ever bought? or every hand me down fisher price toy even with pieces missing and stickers torn off? you're right. i need to go on a decluttering mission too.

good luck to you!!