Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

I hope all you mothers out there had a wonderful day. I had a nice one. It started yesterday morning with breakfast at IHOP. I don't particularly like the wait for breakfast on Mother's Day so we went on Saturday!
This morning, the kids gave me their present ( a gift card to Macy's - yea!). After church, we went to grab my mom and took her to Ruby's - another yea! All together, a nice weekend.

Today, I thank God for another year with my mother. She is the sweetest mother anyone could ever have. She has taught me so much about being a mother, not necessarily by words but by example. She has taught me all about self giving and sacrifice. She would do anything for her three children. She gives of her time to her friends, family, and church. I would say she truly lives for the service of others. I hope that I can be a giving person as she is. I have a long way to go in that department.

Today, I also thank God for my vocation of being a mother. He has blessed me with three beautiful children. He has chosen me to help lead them to Him. I hope I do not fail! Today, I again accept His call and pray for His strength and the graces necessary to do what He asks me to do.

No comments: