Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I'm a Leap Year baby. Born Feb. 29. When I was a kid, I didn't like to tell anyone my real birthday because I thought I would get teased that I only had a birthday every 4 years. Now it's great because most years I celebrate for two days, Feb. 28 and March 1!
2. I love to read. I'll read almost anything but I tend to gravitate toward mysteries and suspense novels. My general fiction choices are usually recommended by others. My non-fiction choices are mostly ones that help in my spiritual life or vocation as wife and mother.
3. I like to crochet and knit. I'm really a beginner knitter because I've never moved beyond the simple knit and purl stitches. I hope to move beyond that soon. My skills as a crocheter are a little better. I've made baby blankets, Christmas stockings and a few doily coasters. The crocheting and knitting come in spurts as I'm usually devoting more time to reading.
4. Before I became a SAHM, I worked for 13 years as an admissions officer at a local university. Once I had my second child, I knew in my heart that I wanted to be a SAHM. I feel that this is where I'm supposed to be now and I'm more fulfilled now than I ever was working out of the home.
5. I have a Bachelors degree in Spanish. I really had no practical reasons for choosing that degree other than I liked learning foreign languages. I had originally thought that I would be a translator for the courts but that never came about. Once I got a job at the university I ended up just focusing on working that job.
I'm having a hard time thinking of some other things now.
6. I still don't know what I'm doing with this blogging. That's why my site is kind of drab, I haven't gotten a profile picture up yet. I even had a fun time trying to type this post up. The bullet function worked kind of funny, the number list I wanted to use wouldn't double space right for me. Oh well, little bits at a time I suppose. I don't know if this qualifies as something about me other than my mental state right now.
7. I should have posted this after #2 above, but I have tons of books still to be read on my bookshelf, but I keep buying them. That's a bad vice of mine. I'm working on getting at least 10 books from my shelf read before checking out new ones at the library. I can't afford to buy new ones all the time.
8. My drivers ed teacher in high school once told me that he wouldn't want to be on the road while I was driving. I guess I was that bad. But I passed my test the first time around and I've never gotten a speeding ticket in my 20+ years of driving! I have been involved in a few fender benders but they all involved someone else hitting me! And that's the truth!
Now the hard part is tagging someone else. I know only two people to tag. One is my sister, Mitzi at Amazing Grace who is new to blogging. Also, my husband, Steve, at In My Sights. He created a blog awhile ago and only has one post. Maybe this will get him going.
Thanks for tagging me, Christine M! This was quite fun.