Thursday, April 30, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:
1. Seeing my mom after her vacation from Mexico. ( I hope she doesn't come back with the flu!!!!)
2. Finishing peeling paint in my kitchen.
3. Starting to sew again and gain more experience.
4. Crocheting/knitting more dishcloths.
5. Teaching my sister to crochet.
6. Warmer weather.
7. Going to Kindergarten Day with Emily.
8. Planting some new flowers.
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Got caught up with "Lost" episodes.
2. Went to Emily's soccer game.
3. Went to my niece's birthday party.
4. Had a nice visit with my sister at the party.
5. Did laundry.
6. Folded clothes.
7. Refereed arguments among the kids.
8. Bandaged Emily's foot about eight times (she had a popped blister after jumping so much in the bounce house at the party).
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Buy a mountain cabin.
2. Write well.
3. Organize my time better.
4. Sew well.
5. Go to Rome.
6. Take vacations.
7. Install kitchen counters.
8. Be handy with whatever needs fixing around the house.
8 Shows I Watch:
3. Biggest Loser
6. Waltons (DVD rentals)
8. Fox News
You are all invited to play!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
You Scored 86% Correct
You are an 80s expert,
You never confuse New Order with the Pet Shop Boys.
You know which classical musician Falco rocked.
When it comes to 80s music, you Just Can't Get Enough!
I wish I knew which question/s were incorrect! I'm guessing the first one. Anyway, since the quiz mentions New Order I'll leave with a video of them.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Jesus Christ is risen today, Alleluia!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
All of the strawberries were big, but this was the biggest. That's Emily's little hand holding it!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
The white is what was painted on all the cabinets. The blue is what we painted on the walls. Lots of it has come off like this - in sheets.
I had Emily pose in her most solemn look to demonstrate what the mood is like when I have to tear down all the hard work that was put in this past weekend.
But, that doesn't last long. We still have to smile. This will be one for the memory books.
Here is Kathryn removing the first layer of wallpaper to reveal the other vintage layer. Notice how the bright yellow matches the bright yellow tile. Someday I will be able to get the counters of my dreams and finally put the old one to rest!
At least my roses are blooming beautifully!