Thursday, February 21, 2008

Zoo Day

No, I'm not talking about the zoo at my house, but the day (Sunday) that we went to the LA Zoo.

Ryan is on an animal kick and is into reading about animals, watching Animal Planet, and playing with animal toys. So we decided to make a day out of going to the zoo.




This is Emily, Kathryn, and Ryan standing in front of the pelican exhibit.




And here are the pelicans!




The kids behaved well for the most part. We enjoyed seeing the koalas, giraffes and gorillas. Unfortunately, I didn't take too many pictures, but these are some that came out OK.









There was also a spider exhibit going on but I didnt' want to see that. YUCK! But I was able to get a shot of Ryan with one of those photo boards.






In other news, we've got the sickies again. Ryan has developed a cold that's making him feel miserable. He's missed two days of school because he has a low grade fever. He was complaining that he thinks he may be getting an ear infection because his ear hurt a little. That was enough for me to make an appointment with the doctor. He's had plenty of ear infections in his lifetime and I didn't want to wait for it to get bad enough where he wakes up in the middle of the night with ear pain. No fun! So we see the nurse practitioner who examines him and says that his lungs are clear and his ears are clear. She says he just has a cold and it could last one to two weeks. I was so happy to hear that his lungs and ears were clear. Hopefully he's in his worst days and he should be on the way back up. Let's just hope this doesn't spread.



We're supposed to have four more days of rain. I don't mind the rain. I just don't like having to go out in it. I think it's rained more this winter than last, but I don't think it's enough to stop our drought. Our rainfall levels are way off. At least it's been enough to keep the grass green.



Now I'm off to look for some lunch. I haven't been good at getting my menus together so I think I'll be heating up some leftovers!



I hope there's not too many typos. I need spellchecker back!!!

4 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

This looks like you had a beautiful day! I love the pictures. I hope you are all feeling better soon. We've had the sickies at our house, too!

God Bless,
Jane

Cmerie said...

Seems everyone is sick lately. Hope you all get feeling well soon.

I agree about spellchecker. I'm going crazy without it.

Tracy said...

Oh for fun, I love the Zoo!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Thank you for your comments, sweet friends! We are doing better!

I think spell checker is working again. Yippee!