Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's 2008

Happy New Year to everyone! We said goodbye to 2007 by watching the ball drop in Times Square on television as is our custom. Since we've had children, Steve and I don't go out for New Years anymore. Steve would like to go out to some celebration concert, but I prefer to stay home. I'm not able to be out late anymore :) I get too sleepy. Last night, one by one, the kids conked out. Kathryn almost made it to midnight, but dozed off about 11:45. She did say to wake her up, so we did. After the mandatory smooches, it was off to bed.

Today, we didn't do much. I tried to just take it easy. After all the Christmas preparations and running around, I just wanted to kick back and basically do nothing except cook and wash the dishes afterwards. I finally was able to finish Emily's scarf that I had been knitting forever. So now she has the complete set of mittens, scarf and hat. Maybe I can post a picture tomorrow.
My next projects are to make a complete set for Ryan and Kathryn. Maybe I can have that done by next Christmas!! LOL!

I don't usually do New Year's resolutions, but this year, I'm going to concentrate on two.
I'd like to have the household more organized. That would include being a little more scheduled as far as daily activities go. I'd like the house to be less cluttered. We waste so much time trying to find things that it's ridiculous. Since this resolution is kind of broad, if I'm able to see consistent improvement in any area that makes the household run smoother, I'll consider that a success!
My next resolution is more personal. I'm going to work on being less lazy. I seem to naturally be a lazy person that it can be difficult for me to get going with what needs to be done. So much more could be done around here if I could just get better at fighting this bad vice.

I wish everyone a wonderful 2008. May it be full of good health and blessings from the Lord!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy New Years!! Many Blessings to you and your family!

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Happy New Years! I'm impressed that you went out at all on New Years---even before the kids! You are more of a party-girl than I. ;-) I'm lucky to see 12:05 before I fall like the Times Square Ball myself!!!

God Bless you all in the coming year!
Jane

Lori said...

A wonderful, blessed New Year to you and your family too!

We also enjoy just staying home with the kids. It's so much more fun to us than going out, and safer too!

Shosannah said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you Lisa:0)
I can't wait to see a picture of your knitting:0)
It takes so much patience to finish a project like that.
Blessings
Suzyxx

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Thank you for all your greetings, ladies!