Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fall Into Reading 2007



OK, I've decided to take the plunge and join in on the Fall Into Reading 2007 challenge over at Callapidder Days. I will use this challenge to deplete my collection of to-be-read books sitting in my bookcase plus some books that are on loan.


Fiction

Wish You Well by David Baldacci
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down by Neta Jackson
By a Spider's Thread by Laura Lippman
The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers
Secret of the Hall by Veronica Heley
The Lady of the Hall by Veronica Heley


Non-Fiction

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
A Beautiful Offering by Angela Thomas
Deep Conversion Deep Prayer by Fr. Thomas Dubay
The Secret Diary of Elizabeth Leseur


This will be quite a challenge since this is a busy period for me, but I'm going to go for it. If you are interested in joining, head on over to Callapidder Days! Take a look at other participants lists and be inspired!

7 comments:

Mrs. L said...

Thanks for the link, I think I will participate as well...now I have to get my list together, this may be tougher than I thought! I'm not sure what's realistic for me, my reading as always so sporadic.

Renee said...

Great list of books! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy Reading!

Maryellen said...

Hi Lisa
Thanks for visiting my blog. As you can see, I haven't written much lately.

I like the idea of joining the reading challenge. If my life would only become more normal I could try it. I'll just sign up and read what I can. Your list is impressive.

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Mrs L - Hope you're able to join the challenge. I know how difficult it can be to squeeze in time when so many pressing items need attention or you have other interests (I need to squeeze in knitting)!

Maryellen - Good to hear from you. Glad things are OK. Hope you can join the challenge!

Renee - Thanks!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Yes, it can really be hard to fit in reading when life is crazy. But good for you for challenging yourself and giving it a try! Thanks for being part of Fall into Reading!

Maryellen said...

I went to the challenge site, and decided to wait until the Spring challenge before signing up. By then I expect to have more time as hubby is improving (2 steps forward, 1 step back, so it's slow).

Thanks for staying in touch.

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Maryellen - So glad to hear your dear hubby is improving! Step by step - all in the Lord's hands! God bless!