Sunday, April 29, 2007

Quiet Time

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me" John 10:27


Something I need to improve on is listening to what God is trying to tell me. As the priest mentioned in Mass today, I need to listen and not just "hear". If I need direction in my life, I need to calm my soul and listen. I haven't been good at that in the past. When I try to listen, all kinds of thoughts pop in my head. Things like my to-do list, what to work on with my kids, what to do with my husband, anything and everything. I constantly have to refocus. Then I just give up. I continue on with my petitions.

My goal for this week is to spend some quiet time with the Lord and try to just listen. Somehow I'll try to cast out distractions and not say anything. I'll just be available. I want to say, "Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening". (1 Samuel 3:9)

No comments: