Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Random

The week so far has been spent doing lots of yard work, getting rid of overgrown plants and pulling weeds. Also, we're getting a new screen door for the front, so I cleaned the front porch area. I know entrances look nicer without one, but we love to have our front door open in the summer, especially in the evening time when the cool breezes come. But we don't want the mosquitoes and other bugs to come in with it!

I didn't get around to doing another menu plan this week because I'm still following the one from last week. The Chicken with Orzo came out great and so did the Pizza Noodle Bake. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of them because I didn't think of it. I'm not used to taking pictures of my meals. I guess because everyone knows what chicken nuggets, spaghetti, and tacos look like (frequent meals around here)! LOL!

Summer vacation is right around the corner - next Tuesday as a matter of fact. I'm looking forward to getting to sleep in a little bit longer - not too much longer, though, as I like to start my day with some quiet time while everyone is still sleeping. Ryan and Kathryn have both started basketball this summer. I'm not too thrilled, but I won't get into that!:)

I got some gas this morning for 4.35 a gallon. That was the best I could find and that was at Costco. The lines there are so long, at times, six or seven deep! It reminds me of the lines back in the 70's (I know, I'm dating myself)! The gas station closest to me was already at 4.59! I don't know how much more of an increase we can take! I wish I had a smaller car but we need the space that my minivan offers.

Well, I think I'll take out my knitting and have a go at it!

4 comments:

Therese said...

petrol is so expensive here that we use our van only when nessesary. Our van uses about twice as much as our little Carolla.

I have taken a couple of pictures of meals I have cooked and Steve laughs at me. He says what the heck are you putting that kind of thing on your blog?

Shosannah said...

Petrol is so expensive here too. At the moment it's around £1:09 a litre. And the queues!
It's nuts.

Tracy said...

So weird that your summer vacation has yet to begin and ours is well into its third week, when do your kids go back to school?

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Tracy - My kids start back to school the last week in August. I think they get out late because of the extra long breaks during Christmas and Easter. They get close to three weeks during those times. :)