Friday, September 4, 2009

School Has Begun

The kids started school last week and so far things have gone smoothly. This is Emily's first year of full time school and yesterday was the first day she said she didn't want to go to school. She was so excited the first week, then the novelty wore off and she realized that she needs to go EVERYDAY!

There is a spirituality group that meets every Thursday morning to pray a decade of the rosary and to pray for the, students, teachers, school, etc. I'm thrilled to be a part of it because goodness knows the spiritual education of our children is so important.

I'm going to be re-evaluating my schedule now that all the kids are in school full-time. I hope to be able to make good use of the time that I have to make a good home for my husband and kids.

Have a good weekend everyone. I'll leave with a recent song that I like. YouTube won't allow me to embed this but I can leave this link.

Matisyahu is an Hasidic Jew and there is such a good message with this song. Let us always pray for peace and bring love wherever we go!

6 comments:

Therese said...

I hope Emily adjusts quickly.

Good luck re evaluating your schedule.

Tracy said...

Lisa, I'm so worried that Alex will go through that as well.. it is always exciting at first.. until the real work begins.. let me know how things progress with your daughter.

I'm like you, I now will have no children at home during the day and I really want to use that time wisely and have a nice home for my husband and kids and hopefully have all chores out of the way so that when they are home, I'm not busy, busy and can spend time with them.

MITZI said...

Praying for our school children is great. I used to belong to a group called Moms In Touch. We would get together every Tuesday morning and pray for the kids and their teachers etc. I still fondly remember the ladies in my group. Our kids are all grown now and have families of their own.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Praying for all the children in their "holiness." God Bless YOU!!! Cathy

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I'm back to tell you that I posted the song you have at my blog. It touched me so much that I just had to use it too!! Thank you, sincerely! Cathy

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

It's amazing how fast the day gets filled up when the kids are gone, isn't it?