Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving


The kids are off today in preparation for Thanksgiving Day. So we are pretty much just having a leisurly day. I rented A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving so we've been repeatedly watching it. I love the Charlie Brown holiday shows.

My brother and sister-in-law invited us for Thanksgiving so that's where we'll be headed. We're all looking forward to it. I just love the traditional meal with turkey and all the trimmings. The smell of the turkey roasting in the oven is so heartwarming as well as the taste of the traditional pumpkin pie! YUM!


This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for many things.

For the health of my family.

For a roof over our heads.

For plenty of food.

That my husband still loves me in spite of the grief I sometimes cause.

That my mother is still alive and kicking and traveling and helps me tremendously when she can, even though she is advancing in years and doesn't feel well sometimes.

For the love and mercy the Lord shows me everday!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers and blogging friends. Thanks for sharing parts of your lives and your inspiration.



Enter his gates with thanksgiving

and his courts with praise;

give thanks to him and praise his name.

For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;

his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100:4-5

2 comments:

Therese said...

Have a great Thanksgiving Lisa.

I have been wondering though, do you guys have a turkey at Christmas too?

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Thank you, Therese. I'm not sure what most people have at Christmas. Maybe turkey or ham. In my family, being of Mexican heritage, we had tamales. I don't know if you've heard of that in Australia. It's seasoned meat placed in a cornmeal mixture, steamed in a cornhusk. It's delicious (at least for me!):)