Thursday, May 28, 2009

Flowers


Just wanted to share a few pictures of some of my flowers. These are some of the better ones. I have a few that look like they don't have much life left, but I'm trying to see if I can revive them. Others are waiting to bloom. This is my first serious attempt at gardening. In the past, I've just planted some flowers but not given much TLC. I have so much to learn.




The gardenias are just starting to bloom. They smell so lovely! So far, only a few have bloomed, but there are tons of buds just waiting to open.





This picture of the miniature roses was taken at night, hence the artificial lighting. By the time I got around to take a daytime shot, they were past their prime.

My garden would not be complete without pansies. These happy flowers are one of my favorites! If you look closely, you'll see some morning glories trying to grow in there. They are popping up like weeds. I keep pulling them out, but new ones show up. They are from left over seeds from last years morning glories.

And lastly, here is Ryan's green bean plant. He started it in his classroom and I transferred it to a bigger pot. The little beans are just starting to grow. So cute!

I hope I can share more pictures throughout the season. May you all have a lovely spring day!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful...

Tracy said...

lovely, lovely, lovely!!!!!

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I love your flowers! Why are you picking out the morning glories? I would be so happy if mine came back!