It's taken me some time, but I'm finally getting to this one. Thanks for the tag, Suzy & GrandmaK!
I'm supposed to mention 6 quirks of mine. So here goes. After this, I guess you'll think me weird!
1. I don't like when people place their bare feet up on the dashboard of the car when riding in the passenger seat. I don't like to see dry, cracked, yucky toenails out in full view for the world to see. Now if you have nicely manicured feet that's different. Those I don't mind so much! Needless to say, I practice what I preach. My not so nice feet don't see the light of day when I'm the passenger! LOL! By the way, is this a California thing or do you all like to put your feet up when riding in the passenger seat?
2. I'm a definite carb person. I have to restrain myself from eating all the bread, biscuits, tortilla strips, etc. that are placed at the table before the main meal. I try not to be greedy but sometimes it's difficult. When eating a slice of pie, I mostly eat the crust and if I could, would leave most of the fillings out. I've been known to just bake a crust with no intention of putting anything in it!
3. This probably should be placed in number 2, but I need more quirks to fill out the 6. I sometimes eat more of the dough in the chocolate chip cookie than the actual chocolate chips. Most people love all the chocolate in the cookies. Not me! I'd just as soon have a token 3 or 4 chips in the whole cookie. Isn't that weird? My poor kids get deprived when I make chocolate chips cookies!
4. I love to touch the fabric when going to the craft stores. Ditto for yarn in yarn shops. If it's a nice, fine, baby yarn, I'll even sneak a rub against my cheek!
5. I don't look at myself in the mirror at night. This mostly pertains to when I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I don't turn on the light, just using the little glow from the nightlight. I remember too many childhood horror stories, read too many horror books, seen too many horror movies, all that stuff. I'm always afraid of what I'll see in the mirror! YIKES!
6. I like to see the credits after all the movies I watch. Most of the time, Steve and I are the only ones left in the movie theatre after a movie ends. We have a running joke. Who will be the first one to see who the Key Grip is and who The Best Boy is.
So there you have it. It's freeing to confess some of my weirdness/quirkiness! I'm sure I have more, but I guess since it's me, I don't think of it as weird.
Have a nice day everyone!