Monday, July 28, 2008

Swimming, Swimming, and More Swimming!

Gosh, I hadn't realized how long it had been since I last posted!

I've been consumed with the swimming pool! Ryan and Emily started swim lessons last week and since they were a little scared of doing some stuff in the water, I've been taking them to the pool at the park to get them used to the water a little more. Back floats and dunking their heads in the water have been their weak spots. I take them around the pool on my back and have them practice their kicking. That gets me a little tired after awhile. I try to help them with their back floating, but that's a little trickier. They both don't like to have the back of their heads in the water. But we do what's comfortable for them so they don't freak out. That would defeat the purpose. I'm trying to make everything fun while trying to practice what they need to be learning. And, little by little, they're making progress. They're not as afraid any more, and they're just now starting to dunk their heads all the way down!

So, I'm a little tuckered out right now. Along with the swimming, we still have basketball practices and games to go to. Luckily, this is the last week of swimming lessons. I wish basketball was over, but both Kathryn and Ryan's teams have playoffs. I don't know how the playoffs will work as this is our first year of basketball. I secretly hope our teams lose so we can be finished! I know that sounds awful, but Kathryn and Ryan are tired of it already, too!

I don't know how all you soccer moms out there do it. I get tired of all the running around. I guess by now, you're probably wondering why I sign up the kids for all these sports. Well, aside from the swimming, which was my idea, Steve is the one that enjoys all these sporting things and he signs them up. He loves doing this stuff with the kids and they enjoy it, too (most of the time)! I enjoy it, too, but up to a point. Once it starts to get me frazzled with the running around from place to place, I'm ready to hang it all up. That's where I'm at right now.

I haven't had a chance to upload some pictures lately, but I hope to get to it soon. I hope you all have a wonderful week. Sorry if this post sounded a little whiny. I do love my life and wouldn't trade it for anything!

1 comment:

Shosannah said...

Oh we love swimming at the moment too. THe weather has been so beautiful latley it's all we've wanted to do lol!
By the way I'm hosting a giveaway over at my blog :)