Saturday, August 22, 2009

Summertime Activities (with Photos)

I was able to upload the latest pictures from my camera (and Kathryn's), so this is some of what we've done this summer:




We did a little baking. Kathryn wanted to make these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, and she did a terrific job. They were delicious.

We made a visit to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles.



This pond here shows all the tar that is still there. Gases still rise up from the earth below.

This is a depiction of how a woolly mammoth baby got stuck in the tar while momma and sibling looked on helplessly.


The ground at the museum has lots of spots like this. Tar just coming up from the ground.

Here you can see Emily standing in front of the skeleton of a woolly mammoth.

The gang is all here minus me taking the picture!

On the drive home, we passed by Paramount Studios. No citing of celebrities!



The next shots are from our short visit to the beach to collect some shells. We were only there for about half an hour. The shells around there are pretty small and mostly pieces, but they still have beauty to them.







And I can't end without a photo of some of my harvest of wonderful tasting tomatoes! I have had a continuous supply of them and they are delicious!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow!! Looks like you have been having a wonderful summer!!!

MITZI said...

Great pictures Lisa. so sorry we didn't get together with the kids/grands like I wanted. We still need to crochet. I haven't forgotten. I'll have to overcome my fear of driving freeways and just go to your house...Some day! have a great week and keep cool.

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Looks like you made some nice memories this summer. We grew some baby carrots, spinach, and one cucumber.