Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Saga Continues

I just wanted to pop in and say that I haven't dropped off the face the earth. I haven't had much to say.

Just when I thought I had beat this virus, I'm back with a sore throat and my nose is getting stuffy again! But, I can't let this stop me anymore so I'm trudging along and taking care of my business.

On Monday, I dusted off my sewing machine and learned how to sew an apron. My friend's mother was anxious and willing to teach us how to make one and we both jumped at the chance. I was surprised that I was able to complete one in approximately three hours. And it actually looks like an apron! Of course things are a little crooked, the stitches are not straight, there are frayed edges, but who cares! I'm not too embarrassed to wear it. I will have some pictures to share, but not tonight. I tried to get some decent shots, but my batteries need to be recharged.

Oh yea, got my pink yarn untangled and am pretty much finished with the scarf. I just have to put the edging on it in a different color. I'll have Emily pose with it and post a picture.

Yesterday for Ash Wednesday, I went to the service at my kids school. The older students had a Mass, but I didn't attend that one. For the younger ones, there was a service with just the
liturgical readings of the day, then the distribution of ashes. The little ones were just so sweet. Father would ask them questions, and they were all just so eager to answer.

Today I took Kathryn to her dentist appointment. She has two loose molars. These are her last baby teeth - and she's only 11 years old! She had her first loose tooth when she was four years old and they've been falling out regularly since then. I'll be glad to see those last two go. She's always been very sensitive to the feeling of her teeth being loose and has refused to wiggle them out. She couldn't stand any of us to touch them (to pull them out). So they've been extracted. That's weird how she would rather have the dentist extract them, than wiggle them and get them out herself.

That's how my week has been. This weekend we will enjoy some time with my SIL/BIL who are visiting from Texas.

I hope to get pictures of my latest creative endeavors posted tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The viruses have been really awful this year.
Praying you will make a full recovery soon.
I can't wait to see pics of the new apron!!!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Will be looking forward to your pictures...Hope you are feeling better soon!!!! Cathy

Laura said...

Hate to be a nag, but are you taking your vitamins?
Drinking your fluids?
Sleeping?

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Laura, I don't mind you being a nag ::wink::! I'm not doing too good on those counts. Sleeping - check (as a type this at 10:03 PM) Vitamins - hit or miss. Drinking my fluids - not really. Hmmm. I need to add those to my daily routine! Plus I need to buy a new bottle of vitamin C.
Now I'm off to bed!